Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Treading Water

I have played a few times in the last week. Not an awful lot to say about it, I won as much as I lost pretty much. I got myself into and then out of a big hole last Friday night, and over the weekend I was in the Fitz until closing on 2 nights.

The main thing that annoyed me about the weekend is the one occasion when I misread the board and was convinced when I had the nut flush and confidently put my money into the pot, when infact I only had the second nuts. I realised this as soon as I took my hand off the money, which was obviously too late at that point. I felt like banging my head off a wall. Instead I reloaded and things improved.

I also played a 'home' game on Sunday night with a few lads that I know from the Fitz and I couldn't get going, even when the switch was made to Omaha (briefly anyways) of which I was 1 of only 3 people there I think who are comfortable at playing Omaha for cash. One of the draws that I missed in particular was particularly mystifying (up to 23 outs twice I counted).

Ah well. I also played the league final in the Fitz and as per usual an accommodating deal was done and a few of us took 250 each in time for people to play the Monday night tournament which I missed due to the Boards World Cup Sweepstake Tournament which I bombed in too.

I need my poker mojo back.

1 comment:

Brian Mc said...

This Sunday's game is where it's at Dom. It's the ideal game to get the Mojo back.

(That's my plan anyway)

Hit counter