Thursday, June 29, 2006

At least I am consistent

In my last 7 tournaments (5 of them since my last post) I have finished in the top 20 - but only once made the FT and even then didn't make the money. The upshot of this of course is that while I am generally not going out early it is not good to me since I am making no money from it. I am however turning a small profit at the cash tables so overall June is a profitable month so far, if not one to have me rolling in the cash. After the disaster that was May though it is good to steady the ship.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of the tournies around dublin are way too shallow stacked so one mistake, bad timing, or one bad beat and you are dead, and usually one or the other seems to happen to me at some stage of the tournament.

I am probably going to play the Fitz EOM tournament tonight so we'll see how I do then. I am feeling that I am playing ok lately while not hitting the heights or getting the big breaks I need at the right time in big pots.

This is only a fairly short post so not much more to say, except I don't know how frequently I will be playing poker for the next while as sometime next week I am moving apartment and since I don't have a car (soon to be rectified hopefully) and this place is not near as centrally located I may be less conveniently placed to play as much. When you couple this with the fact that I don't know how long it will take to sort out broadband and tv access in this new place either I am possibly in for a frustrating while. Then again I do work in town (well nearly) so I may just stay in town after work and get a taxi home after the Fitz, but this approach could be expensive after a while. Just as well my SSIA is maturing (Cheers Charlie) in a months time and I will probably buy a wagon then and I can get back to normal.

Anyways, bye for now, sorry for wasting 49 seconds of your life by writing this tripe that you just wrote. I promise that my next one will be filled with hands where I ballsed things up and also lots of complaining that I never got got cards and when I did I never got action.

1 comment:

Rounders123 said...

That took more like 2.5 minutes to read!. Although when reading anything i often stop and go back over a sentence again for whatever reason i dont know!.

Hit counter