Friday, April 21, 2006

Another visit to the SE

Went to the SE 75+5 on Wednesday night. There were only 28 runners and there were only about 10 people I knew there, but none that I knew very well.

Started off brilliantly with AA in the first hand and Declan Fagan who was sitting to my left obliged with a raise which I flat call and and he bet/bluffed the flop only for me to raise and him to fold instantly. It was kinda going average by the break. I lost my first set of chips when my top pair got rivered by a flush, and then I doubled up with JJ vs TT which I nearly threw away when reraised all in preflop by a very aggressive player, but I had 400 out of my last 2k in there so if I was behind then so be it, I'd go home. The break came and I had 3400.

After the break I was moved table and Gholimoli from boards was scooping pots at a mad rate and knocked 3 players out in about 8 hands, once with a great read and call, and the other times with good cards too.

The standard in general at this table though was woeful. I can barely beleive some of the play, such as when I was called on a board of 2,3,5,6,3 when I turn bet it. 2 callers. I checked the river as I was sure there was a 5 in one of their hands and I was OOP. The winner? A2o. Another hand I was called by bottom pair again, and I won that time. Another hand I bet the J84r flop, a decent bet, was called and I checked it down when trun/river came Q/J with my 89 holding and my opponent had called the flop bet with Q9o and then checked the turn and river. Amazing play really. Anyways, I made the final table fairly shortstacked and then on the FT things turned around a bit. First with KJs I moved allin and was called by Gholi with 88. I hit a straight on the river to win that, and I think next hand I knocked him out with A6 vs 55 (he was fairly shortstacked, and I was BB and called). There was some shocking play at the FT too but I couldn't really take advantage of it and finished in 3rd for €310. Not too bad, but not what I was really hoping for either. Ah well. I have 3 Ft appearances from 5 visits to the SE. I may start going more regularly than I have been on Weds/Thurs esp when the midweek football starts.

This weekend I will be on a poker break since I will be at home, and won't play til either Sunday or Monday night. The Fitz end of month is on next week too so hopefully I will get a good run in that again soon as it has been a while since I got a touch there. I might even defend my 'Blind Omaha' champion status beforehand.

No comments:

Hit counter