Saturday, April 15, 2006

Good Friday? Says who?

Not a great or even average Friday for me I am afraid. Played in the scalps tournament last night, with around 100 other brave souls. Before the break I was not involved in a lot of hands but won the last 2 to leave me with nearly 7k including topup after the break. Then instead of not being involved in many I got one of my legendary (with myself anyways) dry runs of cards, as opposed to Vinny 'Longlad' who came to the table and proceeded to go from 7900 to 35k in 3 hands in a row with QQ, KK and AK from the seat just to my right. Somehow I managed to make it to around 16th place, but didn't get the bit of luck I needed.

Cash game was bad too. Last hand of the night sums it up really. 25 in the pot on the flop. Flop comes AdJd2c. I have KJJ3. First to act bets 25, MP raises it to 100 immediately. The reason I knew I was ahead here is that MP would have reraised EP with any drawing hand or any 2 pair at all as they had clashed a few times and there was an element of 'I know you are at it' about the reraise. I had 125 left and went all in. Both players call so about 400 in the pot. Turn coms an A and I was sure that was me gone, and it was. MP turned over A2 with no other draws for top and bottom on the flop, and was fairly apologetic saying that he knew he was ahead of other guy etc etc. There you go. Bad night financially then. 110 + 500 in tournie and cash. Ah well, didnt make the magic 10 in a row cash game profit, but I can try and make it one in a row tonight.

I was going to go to the pub but I had decided that this weekend was for poker so I better stick to it. I might even play in the round of each game despite me swearing never to play it again the last time I was down. Too many people who don't know how to play Omaha frustrate me, and people never go away from a hand. Great if you hit the nuts though.........

No comments:

Hit counter