Tuesday, April 18, 2006

More stuff

Short post coming up here. Went down Sunday, played ok in the 20 rebuy game, no good though. Played cash, no good though. Same nuts changed when his improvers came into play in a 650 pot so I went home.

On Monday night I played the second World Cup of Poker qualifier on Stars. There were only 19 people in it so win 4 heads up matches and I was on the team. Mad, and for only 50 FPP too!!!!

Unfortunately I only won one match and in short order lost my second one after believing that my opponent would call bets on every streeet including preflop without having hit something decent which I knew he didn't. Instead he called me with bottom pair terrible kicker which beat my bluff. Ah well, pity it wasn't 2/3.

I watched the Irish Open final last night and was amazed by the standard of most of the players. Just goes to show how much luck plays a part. Jon Wong was the guy I wanted to win it cause he seemed to have a good feel for what was going on, just couldn't pick up a premium hand, and any time he had a decent one someone else had a better one and he made the right laydowns.

A few days off from live poker now, may play a bit online. I am in a weekly final to a monthly qualifier for the WSOP next weekend on Sportingbet, so by Sunday evening I may have qualified for $6. Just a bit unlikely though but I can dream.

1 comment:

Brian Mc said...

Big blog.

What's the weekly monthly final thing about at the end there?

Hit counter